This pure white rose buttercream vanilla cake looks like it’s from another planet. The beauty of this cake is so tantalising. The icing is like heaven, very fluffy with bettercream mixture.
An absolutely creamy and fluffy buttercream frosting which is perfect for my pipings and cake decorations. You will never go wrong with such an icing consistency.
You will be thrilled and thank me later after reading through this recipe. Many people have asked me how and why my icing is so velvety and the answer is now at your fingertips. It is very important to cream and soften your butter for several mins before you start mixing the rest of the ingredients, and make sure the confectionary sugar you are using has beeen well sieved .
With the flavour, it depends solely on you. You can choose; lemon , vanilla, rose, mint you name it… inshort whatever flavour you are comfortable with.
My girls are my tasters. They are very blunt in criticising and l love their fairness 😆😆😆
Let the baking and mixing begin!
Author: Annuchka Queen
Cake Prep Time: 20 mins
Buttercream prep time: 20
Cook: 45 mins
Ready: 1h 25 mins
- 500 g unsalted butter
- 700 g confectionary sugar
- A tbsp of fresh cream
- Vanilla essence
VANILLA CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 4 cups of self raising flour (sieved)
- 1 cup milk
- 500 g of butter
- 2 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven 180 C. Grease your baking pan with canola baking spray.
- Cream sugar and butter together with a hand mixer in a medium size bowl
- Make sure you crack in egg and beat one at a time .
- Pour in your vanilla essence and stir
- Add your sieved self raising flour into the creamed mixture and mix thoroughly for them to combine.
- Pour into your mixture some milk and stir until you will have a smooth consistency.
- Pour into your greased baking pan and take to your preheated oven.
- Since it is a large cake , bake for 45 mins .
- You will know your cake is ready when it springs back when you give it a touch.
- Your unsalted butter must be at a room temperature before you beat in a cake mixer. Make sure you use the paddle attachment of the stand mixer, and make sure your butter is smooth and fluffy.
- Now, you will be gradually beating in icing sugar. Make sure your sugar is well sieved. The two must be well incorporated to have the consistency we desire.
- Pour in some vanilla extract for a beautiful flavour.
- Pour in some milk and beat thoroughly for 5 mins.
- Now it’s up to you to add some food colouring if you wish . Since my roses are white , l don’t need any food colouring. Incase you have to add food colouring, you will be beating for an additional 1 mins.
- l used a large serrated knife to horizontally cut the large cake into 2 layers and keep aside. In this case, it can be very fragile, so be careful not to break your cake . It might easily scatter.
- I used a flat cake decorative spatula to spread the icing over one layer. I used the other layer to sandwich them together.
- Now l lighly spread my buttercream icing all over the cake from top to sides.
- In a piping bag, l insert icing , I usually double my bags to avoid tearing because the bags are not very strong. l have got a silicon piping beg though.
- Cut piping bag head with a scissors. In another bag insert or fit with a 1cm fluted nozzle. Put first icing bag inside inside the second which is the silicon solid one and begin icing.
- Piping a rose can be very so overwhelming, l love it . Pipe beginning from centre outwards in a spiral pattern.
- Keep piping one rose after the other. My daughter will ask ” Mom can l pipe with you? ” what a beautiful arts! Pipe your cupcakes too.
- Place in the fridge for atleast 30mins so as to let the icing firm.
- Enjoy !