These muffins are simply perfect. You will never go wrong if you follow this basic recipe. They actually turned out lovely , moist inside and soft. You will thank me after trying yours. When my daughter tasted it she said ” Mom, your muffins are Divine” You can make this for lunch box snacks for your kids. It can also be good for morning tea because it’s quick easy and very delicious.
I just want to let you know that , from this basic recipe you can go ahead and add some little stuffs and called it differently. I added coconut inside out and called it coconut muffins and made some basic ones too. You can add chocolate inside and call it chocolate muffins , to blueberry and call it blueberry muffins or even peanuts. It all depends on what you like to incorporate into the basic mixture. I love making different versions of this recipe.
I made two batches one basic and the other with coconut 🥥. I ended up with 24 muffins
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1/2 cup of full cream milk
- 1/2 cup of butter / vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- In a medium size mixing bowl, place butter , your butter must be at room temperature.
- Combine butter with caster sugar and eggs. Whisk until smooth.
- Add self raising flour bit by bit until flour is well incorporated with eggs, sugar and butter mixture.
- Add a tsp of vanilla essence and whisk thoroughly. For this recipe you can mix with a whisk or wooden spoon. You don’t necessarily need an electric mixer.
- Use a baking spray to spray your baking pans and pour your mixture in it.
- Bake at 180C for 20 mins.