Fish stew is a mouth watering delicacy very popular in West Africa and in Cameroon in Particular. This satisfying fish stew has got lots of flavour and blessed with low fat and oil since l boiled the fresh tomato and brings it to a drying point. This delicious goodness is loaded with golden brown fresh fish.
Let’s get started ;
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Cuisine: Cameroonian / west African
Author: Annuchka Queen
- 2 baby Salmon fish
- 15 medium size tomatoes
- 3 bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3 fishes ( chopped in steak form )
- 1 red capsicum ( optional )
- 1 teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons of basil and celery sticks blended
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil or any oil of your choice
- 1 diced leek
- 1 diced red onion
Please watch full video of recipe here:
- Wash and clean your fish thoroughly .Dice or cut your fish into 1 or 1.5 inch thick
- Marinate fish with salt , bouillon cubes, white pepper . You can marinate with whatever delicious spice you have in your pantry.
- Keep your marinated fish in the fridge or fry immediately.
- Shallow fry your fish in vegetable oil until golden brown. When Shallow – frying we use less amount of oil .Then remove and set aside.
- Dice your fresh tomatoes and capsicum and fry blend in a food processor until you have a smooth paste , then set aside.
- In a pot , pour tomato paste without any oil. Let it boil until dry. Stir from time to time.
- Marinate with some salt, bouillon cubes, ginger and garlic paste and some diced onion and leek
- When it’s dry add some 1/4 cup of the oil you used in frying the fish with. Stir – fry and add slices of fish into the stew , then stir gently.
- Allow to simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve with rice , spaghetti , boiled yam or plantains.
- Enjoy !!!!