Chiffon cakes are famous for their light , cottony , spongy and soft texture. Who doesn’t love chiffon cakes? I am a bit obsessed with cakes and baking . I bake very regularly and always trying different recipes. I have a secret to share with all lovers of baking about my chiffon cakes. Always separate egg white and beat them until stiff . I test my stiffness by turning my egg white bowl upside down. If it doesn’t fall or run then your cake will be a success. The creaming method is always a success. Pass your sugar in a blender to have that extra fine texture before you cream with egg yolk and butter or oil . This is always a good start. When you bake often then you will have some success secrets you can share with friends. I customise and write my own recipes depending on my experiments.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time: 15 mins
Bake time: 45 mins
Course: Desert / snack
- 3 cups of self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cup of fine sugar or caster sugar
- I tablespoon baking powder in case you are not using self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon bi- carb of Soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 fresh seedless oranges ( extract their juice and zest) and keep aside
- 6 large eggs ( separates yolk from egg white)
- 1/2 cup of soar cream or 1/2 cup of full cream milk
- In a mixing bowl whisk together sugar egg yolk and oil until creamy. Add cream, orange zest and orange juice and mix to well. And set aside
- In another bowl , sieve flour, baking powder , salt , bi- carb.
- Mix 1 and 2 together by adding flour bit by bit into the creamy mixture and whisk.
- Use an electric cake mixing machine or an electric hand mixer to whisk the white until they are foamy and hold stiff peaks, fluffy and pure white.
- Pour egg white into the flour mixture and fold gently but thoroughly into the batter with a wooden spoon or spatula until well incorporated.
- Grease 10 inch cake tin with a vegetable oil greasing spray or grease with butter.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan around 5 inch deep. My cake pan has a removable bottom.
- Preheat oven 190 C 30 mins before and put cake in the oven to bake.
- Bake for 45 mins – 1 hr
Disclaimer: To succeed using my recipes you must follow method step by step .