A definite favourite! The marinade is very easy to prepare and smells so good. I made this as Anzac Day Lunch. My kids go crazy when I always grill fish . I served it with some salad , sliced tomatoes and cassava.
In Africa, we usually chip in with our fingers. That’s how we eat this in Africa delicious grilled goodness . In Africa we eat the fish down to the bones and actually suck the bones to extract some delicious and spicy fish stock. Full of flavour and juicy guys and the aroma is just breathtaking due to the delicious marinade.
- A cup of diced celery , basil and parsley.
- A cup of diced onion
- 1 onion
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 tablespoon of white pepper/ or 1 tbsp white pepper, 1/4 tbsp black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste
- A teaspoon of salt
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1 lemon
- 5 Njangsang seeds ( optional )
- 2 tablespoons olive oil / vegetable oil
- Habanero pepper (optional)
- Scale, clean, and wash your fish thoroughly. Diagonally trace 3 to 5 diagonal cuts on the skin of the fish. This will help spices to penetrated deeply into the fish during the marinade.
- Garnish with salt and lemon zest then keep in the fridge while preparing the marinade.
- Wash all your spices thoroughly.
- In a food processor, place all your spices apart from the red onion and blend until you achieve a purée paste.
- Taste your marinade source if it taste good. If not, then add some more bouillon cubes or salted balance the taste
- Use a kitchen marinade brush to deep into your spices and brush the fish with. Robe into tithe diagonal lines.
- Flip sides of your fish to marinate both sides.
- Keep you seasoned fish in the fridge for some hours or you can marinate overnight.
- If you can use a fish basket to grill your fish but that is very optional .
- Spray your grill of oven with oil before putting in fish to grill .
- Grill until you both sides are actually done.
- I actually served with boiled cassava tomato slices and salad.
- It taste so yummy. You can serve with roasted plantains, miondoh , boboloh …
Please watch video here :
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time : 30mins
Total time: 55 mins