Quick, easy, simple and very versatile recipe . One thing interesting about quiche is that you can add whatever filling you like. You can make this recipe in a muffin tins as mini quiche. So easy to throw together for lunch or dinner. Sometimes when l cook certain dishes, l beg my kids to eat. With quiche my kids just enjoy it.
With this recipe you don’t have to stress yourself with making the pastry especially if you are not good in pastries. For the filling you can use vegetables and it will still turn out so yummy. You can actually customise your fillings to suit you. The possibilities are just endless with all the colourful fruits we have in the shops. Some years back, l added zucchini slices into this recipe and it looked great.
To most busy families, this is a great dinner idea on a busy week. If you are looking for a fast and easy recipe, then this is an amazing recipe for you.
I so love this recipe because the outcome is so delish. If you try this recipe you will definitely make it again and again . Enjoy!
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time : 15 mins
Cook time 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- Watch video recipe by clicking to this link : https://youtu.be/pjDw_wCkhqE
- 2 tablespoon organic coconut oil ( you can use any oil of your choice)
- 2 cups of diced bacon
- 1 large diced onion
- 300 ml of fresh thickened soar cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 2 sheets of ready made frozen pastry
- Some salt to taste
- 1 boullion cube
- 1 cup of diced capsicum
- 1 cup of diced leek
- 1 tablespoon flour ( optional )
- Preheat oven 180 C.
- Pour oil in a small pot or frying pan over medium heat and fry onion until translucent. 3-4 mins
- Add diced vegetables and ingredients such as onion, leek, capsicum and carrots bacon . Stir – fry until a bit crisp then set aside
- In a mixing bowl, place fresh sour cream add fried vegetables , shredded cheese and and 3 eggs and marinate with salt and cube, mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Grease your baking pan with butter or vegetable spray
- Place sheets of ready made pastry on it. trim edges if pastry is bigger than the bowl.
- Some people will put the pastry in the oven for 10 mins before filling with the mixture. It’s up to you to choose.
- Now pour mixture into the bowl on top of the pastry.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 -25 mins
- Remove from oven and leave to cool down or settle for 4-5 mins
- Serve as dinner, desert, side dish or you can take to a picnic or put in the lunch box for kids to take to school.