Click to this link and watch full video recipe: https://youtu.be/-XkfVHpUa4c
Jollof Rice is a very popular dish enjoyed by almost all the Africans. Each African country prepares it differently with a different twist .
This dish is very easy to prepare and also very delicious. After testing all the jollof rice around African continent , l will say they are all mouth watering. While in Paris, l tasted the Senegalese jollof rice in an African restaurant at chateau rouge and it was one of the best l have ever seen. Each has got a special touch, depending on your ingredients.
Let’s get started
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep Time: 15
Cook time : 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 3 cups of basmati Rice
- 1 cup of tomato paste
- 4 cups of stock from my marinated boiled chicken
- 2 chopped onion
- Some salt to taste
- 2 bouillon cubes
- A handful of capsicum
- Diced Celery sticks
- Chilli ( optional )
- Bay leaves 3
- African Curry powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Wash your chicken drumsticks, place into the pot and and add some water considering you want to have enough stock.
- Marinate with some diced onion, bouillon cubes, salt and some ginger and garlic paste and bring to boil . Extract stock and set aside
- Wash rice thoroughly and set aside( you can parboil your rice if you want and keep in a sieve to drain )
- In another pot , pour coconut oil , heat your oil and and stir – fry onion until it’s translucent. Add tomato paste or fresh tomato and fry
- In a food processor blended all other spices and mix into your tomato source and stir fry for 15 mins
- Pour stock into your tomato source and mix thoroughly and add well washed rice into it .
- Marinate with salt and bouillon cubes and some curry powder if needed and dip in some bay leaves
- Cover pot with a foil paper and allow to steam over medium heat .
- Check after 15 mins and if ready then allow to cool down for 5 mins
- Dish and serve with fried chicken.
CRUNCHY FRIED CHICKEN DRUMSTICK CRUST:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 eggs
- 8 chicken drumsticks.
- Robe chicken drumsticks into flour mixture making sure that your chicken is well coated with flour
- Dip into eaten egg mixture and then robe into bread crumbs thoroughly
- If the chicken is thoroughly robed and coated, it will achieve the beautiful crunch and crust consistency we are after.