A very popular soup in Ghana. When l visited Tina , l proposed why can’t we cook something Ghanian, she talked of the traditional Ghanian light Soup which I immediately fall in love with at first sight as she described the soup as one of her best. This soup left me wondering where I have been and why I have never tried this soup which is light and easy and above all super delicious.
You can accompany this delicious goodness with, fufu, boiled rice( plain rice )
You can use any meat of your choice. It’s super delicious as Oluchi recounted. It was a west African reunion where 3 ladies from different angles of west African precisely Ghana , Cameroon and Nigeria came together to share their passion and love for food.
Author : Annuchka Queen
Prep time : 5 mins
Cook time : 50mins
Ready: 55 mins
- 1/2 kg of Smoked lamb
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 large diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 large smoked fish
- Some salt to taste
- 1 bouillon cubes
- A teaspoon each of crushed ginger and garlic (optional)
- Diced your meat ( lamb) and steam with a little water for about 15 mins under slow heat.
- Add 1 full fresh tomato and onion and cook through for 10 mins
- In a food processor, place boiled tomato and onion , diced ginger, garlic and habanero pepper and and tomato paste blend until you obtain a red purée consistency.
- Add paste to your meat ( preferably lamb)
- Add your bouillon cube and some salt and mix thoroughly until fully incorporated
- Cook for another 15 – 20 mins adding a bit of water if necessary.