Growing up in Africa we used to eat Bio products with no chemicals added, no conserve. I think we lived a very healthy lifestyle because all our vegetables were from the farms and they were very fresh ans healthy. We ate all sorts of fresh and healthy vegetables from the tropics. ” Jama – Jama” huckleberry was one of them.
This tasty sauteed vegetable was one of my favorite. It was perfect when sauteed with diced tomato onions and other delicious tropical herbs garnished with shredded dry crayfish. One good thing with our veges is that; you can easily replace a vegetable here and there, if you don’t happen to have the one you wanted on hand.
In Cameroon, we love our sauteed vegetable” jama jama ” alot . There are times we just change what we accompany them with ; fufu or maize flour, yam, sweet potatoes, casava … you name it …
Author: Annuchka Queen
Preptime: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Yield : 8
- 6 diced tomatoes
- 2 large diced onions
- 1 cup shredded dried crayfish
- 2 bouillon stock cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A teaspoon of celery paste
- A teaspoon each of garlic and ginger paste .
- 1/4 cup olive oil . ( You can use any oil of your choice .
- 2 habanero pepper
- 1 tbsp ground white pepper
- 2 kg of washed, diced and drained vegetable.
- In a large pot or skillet, pour oil heat oil and fry onion until translucent. Then add diced tomatoe and stir- fry until dry.
- Season with salt , pepper, garlic and ginger paste, celery paste and shreeded dried crayfish and stir thoroughly to incoporate all spices.
- Add vegetable and saute for 5 to 7 mins until done
- Serve with fufu, ripe plantains, boiled yam or casava.