Your okra will never go wrong with the combination of these principal ingredients; Meat, smoked or dry fish, crayfish, stock cubes and the varieties of beautiful African seasoning we have got in our beautiful continent. Pepper is very optional since not everybody can stand the heat especially kids.
In Africa, we have got more than 80 okro recipes from the different tribes across the continent. So many incredible ways to tantalize our taste buds with this delicious and healthy goodness.
It is quick , easy and super delicious one pot soup.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Preptime :10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total : 35 mins
Yield : 5
- 2 stock cubes
- 2 large diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A bowl of smoked cat fish
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 kg of okra/okro
- 1/2 kg diced meat
- 1/2 cup of palm oil
- Grind crayfish
- Pepper (optional)
- Prepare your ingredients by dicing your okro fingers and onions in small pieces. Wash your cat fish and meat and keep aside. Grind your crayfish in a food pro2pcesdor and keep aside.
- In a medium pot , place catfish and meat, pour 4 cups of water in the pot . Marinate with salt, stock cubes, black pepper and diced onion. ( you can use any meat and fish of your choice).
- Let your meat boil for 10 mins or more until tender. Then keep aside for future use.
- Now in a another pot, pour palm oil and when your oil is heated, place diced okra onto the heated palm oil and stir – fry for 2 mins.
- Now use the meat and catfish stock to to pour into your okro and stir- fry until you achieve a draw consistency of which thats what you are looking for.
- Add the meat and catfish and stir to incoporate all the ingredients.
- Cover your pot and allow to simmer for 5 mins. Then stir properly.
- Serve with some delicious fufu, pounded yam or garri.