This recipe is definately very outstanding, and you actually don’t need a bread machine but you can still use one. Make sure you combine yeast and water and allow it to prove.
I lived in France for a long time and have tried many types of French baguettes recipes. This is the most comfortable and easy recipe you can use for your home baguette. In France, specoal ovens are used for baguettes. I just used my home oven for this recipe.
You can use a bread machine or you can just go ahead and make or knead the dough with your fingers.
You can actually add seeds , cheese and chopped olives .
Lets start our baking !
Watch full video by clicking to this link: https://youtu.be/2oJAZbbqqCw
Author: Annychka Queen
Prep time: 1 h mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1h 30 mins
Yield : 6
- 800 g of all purpose flour
- 520 g of luke warm water
- 7 g of active dry yeast
- 16 g of salt
- Place active dry yeast into luke warm water and stir . Then keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl , place flour, add salt and mix thoroughly.
- Combine dry and wet mixture and knead with fingers.
- Place dough in a greased bowl cover with a cling wrap and keep under room temperature to rise for 45 mins.
- Open and punch dough down after 45 mins
- Dump on a lightly floured kitchen work surface and fold and roll gently back and forth with palms
- Cover and let it rise. Prepare baking tray with baking papers.
- Make deep diagonal 4cm slashes across the top of the dough with a knive or razor
- Preheat oven 190C / 375 F
- Mix egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water and give your bread an egg wash.
- Bake for 25- 30 mins until golden brown