I first tasted this delicious North African goodness for the first time in Paris in an Algerian restaurant during my daughters baptism. I really enjoyed it especially with the multi delicious vegetables included in it, giving it all together a very delicious taste with a good nutritive value.
I learned Algeria has 40 provinces and each province has it’s own different recipe for this dish. Amazing ! Isn’t it ?
Watch full video by clicking the link below:
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook time: 1 hr
Ready : 1h 30 mins
- 375 g of couscous
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 large carrots
- Tomato paste
- 400 g of chickpeas skinless
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon harissa (optional )
- Lamb chops
- Garlic cloves
- 2 medium size zucchini ( Couegettes)
- Large Potatoes
- Pour oil in a pot and heat . Add onion and fry . Stir occasionally until done add tomato and fry . Add salt , white pepper, harissa, tumetic , celery and allow to simmer.
- Steam your lanb in a different pot. Marinate with bouillon cubes and salt and pepper (optional)
- Allow to simmer for 25 mins
- Add carrots , capsicum, pumpkin, potatoes, Zuchini, and the rest of the spices . Allow to simmer again for 30 mins.
- Remove from heat and allow to cold dowm before you serve
- Bring water to a boiling point add butter abd salt
- Stir into the water your coscous abd cover. Make sure you allow to rest ir sit for 7 mins.
- You will have a soft and fluffy couscous.
- You can add some salt but its iprional .
- Serve couscous with your vegetable lamb broth stew .