All the okra soup fanatics wash your hands and get ready to swallow this delicious and slippery goodness of okra made with vegetable oil garnished with egusi lumps.
Egusi is highly famous in west African homes. We have turned egusi around in so many ways. It can be cooked in different ways depending on where you gail from, tribe village and even country.
When we want it to have a nutritive twist we garnish with vegetables like herbs or okra / okra .
Egusi is cholesterol free, and contains 50 % of very healthy fat. Okra contains potasium, vutamin B, C, folic acid and calcium. Recently it has been said that okra helps in managing of blood sugar level in cases of type 1 , 2 and gestational diabetes , and it is said to prevent luver disease.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Ready : 30 mins
Watch video recipe here 👇👇👇👇
- 2 cups of egusi (dried punpkin seeds )
- 2 cups of diced okra
- 500 g of beef
- I 1/2 bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon each of parsley and basil
- Pour 1/4 cup of oil in a pot
- Fry onion and meat over medium heat until abit tender.
- Add bouillon cube and salt
- Add basil, parsley and 2 cups of water and cover to simmer .
- In a small bowl pour abit of water into egusi and stir . We want a thick consistency, garnish with a pinch of salt ro taste.
- Place egusi into the pit and cover to simmer. We want a lunpy consistency. Open after 5 mins and your egusi will be lumpy. Stir
- Add fresh diced okra and stir. Allow to simmer for 3-5 mins.
- Cool and serve with fufu , pounded yam , or garri.