This wonderful goodness was beyond delicious. l added some chocolate chips to make them double chocolate waffles. The bi – carb soda enhanced the fluffiness and behold it turns out to be extra fluffy. Taste just like heavenly. This is just exactly how l wanted it to be.
I did not use the mapple syrop. Please use toppings of your choice in this recipe to decorate.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time :15 mins
Yield : 6
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2/4 cup chicolate chips
- 1 teaspoon bi – carbonate of soda
- In a mixing bowl , combine milk, egg yolk, and vanilla essence and beat together.
- In a different bowl, combine dry ingredients flour , sugar, salt and cocoa powder and bi – carb soda
- Combine dry and wet indredients together that is point 1 and 2. Mix thoroughly until smooth
- Beat egg white separately until stiff.
- Fold egg white into batter 10 times.
- Grease waffle iron with oil spray.
- Pour your batter onto the iron and let it cook for 3 mins.
- Bake until yiu achieve a light soft and crisp dark brown waffle.
- You can serve with cream and seasonal fruits of your choice. In this recipe l used green grapes.