Some years back in the city of St. Petersburg, l discovered this delicious goodness. I was only 17 years old . A curious teen. Haha !!!
That day l began my lessons at 7:30 in the morning and by 10 am l was done. As l walked down the historic street of Niavski prospekt with my friend Marina, l saw some delicious sausage rolls in one of the bakery across the street. l was so hungry since l didn’t have any breakfast in the morning. I bought some and it tasted so delicious.
I used to see this delicious goodness in our university canteen but never bother to buy and try them . Since then, l started buying them and later look out for the recipe.
Lets go straight to the kitchen guys:
Authur : Annuchka Queen
Prep time: 1h 45 mins
Cook time 20
Click here to watch video of this recipe:
- 12 long sausages dliced into 2 halves (24)
- 2 cups of plain flour / all purpoae flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup of warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs ( 1 for the mixture, 1 for egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon active yeast
- 2 .5 tablespoons unsalted melted butter.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine, yeast and sugar and disolve it it warm milk. Keep for 5 mins to be active.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, salt. Mix thoroughly, make a well in the middle and pour in egg , melted butterand the yeast mixture set aside.
- Mix well and knead with fingers fir 7 mins until you achieve a soft, smooth and elastic dough.
- Lightly grease dough, cover properly and keep for one hour to rise .
- After 1 hour it will double in size.
- Deflate dough with your fingers and roll on a work surface with a rolling pin.
- Slice in ropes as in my video and roll.
- After looking cover with a cling wrap or a cloth for 30 mins before baking.
- Start rolling around your sausage.
- Give your sausage rolls an egg wash with a brush.
- Preheat your oven 180C/350F. Allow to cook for 20-25 mins.
- You will have sausage rolls looking golden brown in colour.
- You can eat with a delicious tomato source.
Enjoy! Let me know if you succeeded making this …