If you are tired of frying and roasting chicken body parts, then go for a spatchcock chicken roast recipe.
This golden brown spatchcock chicken is very crunchy , juicy, succulent, delicious and perfectly roasted. It’s a great idea to have all the body parts rather than having only the drumsticks or wings.
The spatchcocking technique which means splitting the backbones of the bird, making it sleeping with its chest laying flat on the plate gives it an evenly roased bird.
Lets go straight to the kitchen guys;
- 2 chicken
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 green Sweet pepper
- 3 tablespoons blended persley
- White pepper
- Country onion( a cameroonian spice)
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 leek stick
- Blended celery stick
- Chopped fresh thyme
- 5 tablespoon salted butter (melted)
- On a chopping board, use a kitchen scissors to spatchcock your chicken. Flip chicken over and cut either side of the backbone so that it will be facing you.
- Make some slashes in bothsides of the leg joints
- Drizzle with some salted butter.
- In a food processor carefully blend all your spices after washing properly and diced them. Make sure you taste if it taste good before using for your marinade.
- Generously smear or robe spices fenerously all over the chicken properly.
- Keep in the fridge for 30 mins after marinating.
- Cook on a BBQ with a gentle heat until golden brown. Check every 5 mins to change sides and brush with some salted butter. Turn regularly to avoid burnt.
- Remove from BBQ and cover with foil pepper , for 6 -12 mins leave to rest .
- Use the rest of the blended spices to fry with blended hebanero pepper mixed with oil and fry until abit dry .
- Garnish your spatchcoked chicken roast with some blened carots and salad leaves.
- Serve with oven baked potatoes , fried ripe plantains you name it ….
Do not forget to watch this recipe on youtube.