These are absolutely the most amazing macarons ever. They are crispy on the outside then soft and very chewy in the inside. They taste like magic. The filling makes it taste even more delicious. This is a tantalizing treat that will blow your mind.
I will say macarons are the most beautiful biscuits / cookies in the world and the most difficult to make . But if you follow up details well, you will have a nice macarons.
These beauties looks so gorgeous and if you dare succeed, then you will be very happy and proud of yourself.
Prep : 30 mins
Cook: 12 mins
Ready: 2h 12 mins
- 75 g egg white
- 99 g of finely gtound almond meal 99g
- Icing sugar 99 g
- A pinch of salt
- A kitchen scale for all measurements
- Caster sugar 66 g
- 3 drops food coloring gel
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg white properly. Beat until eggwhite is fluffy and glossy. Add white sugar as you mix.
- Use a food processor and blend confectionary sugar and almond meal. Sieve well 3 times to achieve smoothness.
- Fold almond and icing sugar mixture into egg white over 25 times. Add food coloring.
- When you realize batter has been well mixed, scoop some and put in a piping bag.
- Pipe the batter into the piping bag and use a scissors to cut off the little head to allow batter flow. ( watch my video)
- Prepare your baking sheet. I used a roud bottle cover to draw and accurate round shape and turn it upside diwn in the baking try. It helps me have a unique round shape macarons.
- Pipe batter onto the baking sheet in rounds, make sure you leave 3 cm space between them.
- Do not put them in the oven immidiately . Let them stand out for 45 mins – 1 hour at room temperature until their skin are hard.
- Preheat oven 140 C / 285 F
- Bake macarons for 10 – 12 mins.
- Make sure you let it cool down completly before you do the frosting. We have differwnt types of frostings . It’s up to you to choose what you want.
Click this link and watch full video
NOTES: A kitchen scale is a must . Make sure you do all your measurements accurately if not then you cant succeed.
The mixture can be vwry difficult to. So be vwry careful about putti g your ingredients together. Do not over mix or undermix .
Make sure you sieve your almond meal 3 times to give it a smooth touch. Use a food processor to blend your almond.
To avoid drawing you can use a silicon baking sheet . You can find them in shops. Or you can print templates online .