I am salivating right now. I can’t help it. In Cameroon, almost every quater has a suya spot. Suya is a very popular Cameroonian street food. It is pronounced as ‘soya’ in Cameroon, chichinga in Ghana and suya in Nigeria and Cameroon its Soya . It is is very delucious and irresistable.
It is usually acvo.panied by roasted half ripe plantains, bagette , red onuon tomato and cucumber .
Please watch full video recipe here
PREP TIME: 30 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
- 1 cup Suya spice
- 2 Seasoning stock cubes
- 1/ tsp salt
- Vegetable oil
- Blended nuts ( optional )
- 1 cup grounded roasted peanuts
- 1 tbspn onion powder
- I teaspoon dried paprika
- Ginger and garlic powder. 1 tbspn each.
- Wash boneless meat thoroughly and dice them in very thin slices.
- Carefully loop your thin diced meat into the skewers.
- In a bowl , combine salt , stock cubes and suya spices mixed with blended groundnuts or peanut butter paste. and set aside.
- Soak your meat with a brush deeped in vegetabl e oil.
- Use brush to thoroughly robe or season your suya.
- Then roast your suya
- You can serve with roasted plantains , onion and tomatoes cucumber with some very hot hebanero pepper.