This is an incredible African stew. It’s one of my favourite stews when accompanied with plantains or cassava , cocoyams and white yam is also a good companion for this stew.
It’s very delicious l must testify. This garden egg stew and tomatoes braised with delicious spices could be a very easy dinner idea for many families.
There are many types of garden eggs out there but this particular type is very common in West Africa. This is how it looks like;
This is an amazing dish to eat with love ones and friends. If there is a stew more comforting than this hearty garden egg stew then you have to share with me. It even gets more delicious the next day.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Serve – 4
Prep time – 5 mins
Cook time – 20 mins
Total time = 25 mins
- 2 smoked makerel
- 7 diced baby fruit tomatoes
- 6 garden eggs
- 1 large capsicum
- 2 stock cubes
- 1/2 diced celery sticks
- 1 diced onion.
- Some Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Wash garden eggs, tomatoes celery onion and capsicum properly and diced them , then set aside
- In a mediym pot heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and fry your diced onions.
- Add tomatoes, garden eggs makerel , stock cubes , salt to taste and celery . Stir properly and allow to simmer for 10 mins .
- Add some hot perpper and allow to simmer.
- Add red capsicum and let it simmer for 3-5 mins
- Remove , dish and serve.
Please click to the link below to watch garden egg stew full video recipe.
Please leave comments in the comment space below.