During Christmas season, we have so much going on with pastry. Baking and frying here and there . Isn’t that amazing? This season in Africa is very important. We cook and bake for Christmas preparation. In Cameroon we bake and fry heaps of chin-chin which is famous at christmas season. Today i thought of christmas fruit cake, since the season is the reason.
It’s Christmas season. A fabulous fruit cake like this is worth my time. I gathered assorted dried fruits and dried nuts to make a beautiful and colourful combination of a very delicious and attractive goodness. Very fluffy and it just melt in the mouth like an ice. Tantalizing!! isnt it ?? Yummiliecious! Delicious you name it …
My dried fruits are apricots, cranberries, dates, hassle nuts. I wanted a light fruit cake. I have always love light druit cake. I am very selective wirh my fruits . I select those i love best and put together.
INGREDIENTS USED ;
- Mixed dried fruits and nuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tspn vanill a extract
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspion salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup flour
- Preheat your oven 350 degree F 180 degree c
- Grease your baking pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl or mixer , mix your butter for 2-3 mins then add 1/2 cup granulated sugar or icing sugar and mix properly.
- Crack 3 large egg and add one at a time in your mixture and mix properly.
- Add 1/2 tspn vanilla extract .
- In a different bowl sieve 2 cups of baking powder with 1/2 cup almond meal + 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Pour into your mixer as nd add a cup of milk and mix properly.
- Put in the oven and let it bakefor an hour . (60 – 70 mins)
- When tested with skewer removed and let cold down completly.
This cake is very delicious and super moist. Very attractive and yummy. Try this recipe this christmas season.