Our meat pies have a light dough, crunchy in the outside and slightly flaky. Stuffed inside with meat marinated mince meat and some very delicious vegetables like carots, peas, green beans potatoes, celery and capsicums . Actually you have the choice of feeling it as you want. The mont important thing to keep in mind is that, they meat inside is a must . But you can select the vegetables that suits your taste. Its impirtant to add vegetables since they contains vitamins and are very nutritive . The combination of meat and vegetables makes it taste super delicious .
Prep time – 45 mins – 1 hour
Baking time -30-45 mins
Total time : 1h30 mins
FILLING INGREDIENTS USED
- 1/2 kg of meat
- I large egg
- 1 cup carrot
- Ginger and garlic 1 tablespoon each
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 teasppin curry powder
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons of flour .
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powdwr
- 250 g of unsalted butter.
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare you vegetables. Wash dice and set aside.
- Pour vegetable oil in a pot. Set on medium heat .
- Place chopped or diced onion in the pot and saute.
- Place mince meat and saute until it changes from pink. To brown.
- Now add the rest of your ingredients thymes , ginger , garlic salt and chicken powder cubes curry .
- Finanly add 3 tablrspoon of clour and stir properly.
- Keep asaide to cold down while preparing the dough .
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DOUGH
…Preheat your oven before startibg this process
- In a mixing bowl place flour, salt and baking powder and sieve properly to avoid having a lumpy consistency .
- Place unsulted butter in your flour . You butter must be under room temperature. Mix properly to achieve an evwn consistency.
- Now create a hole in the middle and gradually add some water as you knead.
- Knead and wirk your dough consistently for 5 – 7 mins until you achieve or get a non sticky dough .
- I usually use a soup bowl to get myself an even cut . I turn the bowl upside down and use my knive in cutting the dough round frim the bowl.
- Set aside round shape doughs and start filling with meat ine by one.
- Scoop out 2 spoons each of your meat and fill in each pie. Your sciops will depend on the shape of the dough . If you put alot , it will run out . Put a reasonable equal amount of fried meat in wach pie.
- When you close up your meat pie , use fork to properly close the edges you can rub wdges with abit of egg yoke to make it close firmly .
- Use fork to piece 3 or more holes at the tip of your pie to orwvent burst caused by steaming in thw oven.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30- 40 mins . Make sure you set your ovwn to an all sides baking to prevent turning them over.
CLICK TO THE LINK BELLOW TO WATCH MY VIDEO ON MEAT PIE