Akara cassava is one among the many delicious street snack in Cameroon. It is gluten free and a vegetarian snack. It’s made out of Cassava and banana we add some salt to make it delicious and complet. It’s a sugar free snack. We don’t use sugar when making accra banana but it turns out to be very sweet due to the richness of banana sweetness .
In Africa, it is very cheap. Women fry rhis fritters at the road sides. With 25 frs, you can afford over 10 of them. It goes well with hot pepper source / chilli source made with hot herbanero pepper. People actually queue up for this round goodness.
Akara cassava is a good finger food which can be very tantalizing as a starter.
- I kg fresh cassava
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Peel and slice your banana into small slices and blend them properly and set aside.
- Grate / blend your fresh cassava.
- Mix blend cassava and banana properly.
- Make sure you do t put too much banana into your cassava paste. Just to make sure it doesn’t turn iut to be very soft.
- Add 1/2 teaspoin salt and mix properly
- Start rolling with your palms to give it a small round shape.
- Heat your vegetable oil . Make sure you have a medium heat.
- Deep fry your Akara banana.
- Serve with hot pepper.
Prep time :30 mins
Cooking time 30 mins
Watch my youtube channel by clicking to the blue link bellow . Thanks and dont forget to subscribe. 👇👇👇👇👇👇👇